U.S. Inspectors General, IGnet-–Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency Integrity and Efficiency (CIGIE), see especially the Inspection and Evaluation Committee. IG web site lists publications, membership, employment opportunities, and quality standards for inspection and evaluation. Web site: http://www.ignet.gov/
Chair: Michael E. Horowitz, Inspector General, U.S. Department of Justice.
U.S. Office of Management and Budget highlights policies promoting use of performance data and evaluation and related resources at https://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/evidence. An historical searchable database of Program Assessment Rating Tool (PART) program reviews conducted between 2003 and 2008, including agency performance information, and PART guidance materials have been archived at http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/performance_past/.
U.S. Office of Science and Technology Policy, Interagency Task Group on the Science of Science Policy and the National Science Foundation supports research into assessing the impacts and dynamics of the Nation’s science and engineering enterprise, and maintains a database of conference papers, publications, notices of upcoming conferences, a wiki and listserv supporting a community of researchers and practitioners in the public, private, and academic sectors. http://scienceofsciencepolicy.net/
U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) released a comprehensive evaluation policy in January 2011 at http://www.usaid.gov/results-and-data/planning/policy:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Food and Nutrition Service, Office of Policy Support, http://www.fns.usda.gov/research-and-analysis, provides agency research and evaluation
reports, description of demonstration and grant projects, and other resources.
- Economic Research Service, provides economic information and research to inform public and private decision making on economic and policy issues involving food, farming, natural resources, and rural development. http://www.ers.usda.gov.
U.S. Department of Education:
U.S. Department of Energy:
- Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy provides information on performance measurement and program evaluation to assess near-term progress and ultimate market and economic impacts, and includes program evaluation resources for research and development programs and technology deployment activities. http://www1.eere.energy.gov/analysis/pe_index.html
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS):
- Administration for Children and Families (ACF), Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation (OPRE) sponsors research and evaluation related to all ACF programs, primarily cash assistance, child care, child welfare, and Head Start. Information about publications, ongoing projects, and funding opportunities and access to their listserv is available at http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/opre/index.html. In November 2012 ACF released an evaluation policy http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/opre/resource/acf-evaluation-policy. In 2014, the Children’s Bureau published “A Framework to Design, Test, Spread, and Sustain Effective Practice in Child Welfare” http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/resource/framework-workgroup?utm_source=Framework_Workgroup&utm_medium=Crosslink&utm_campaign=Program_Evaluation.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Program Performance and Evaluation Office, provides guidance and numerous links to public health evaluation and logic model resources including CDC's “Framework for Program Evaluation in Public Health” which summarizes and organizes the basic elements of program evaluation—see http://www.cdc.gov/eval/index.htm.
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (ASPE) maintains various databases, including the annual Performance Report database, and the HHS Evaluation Database, a searchable central repository for HHS sponsored studies. http://aspe.hhs.gov/pic/index.cfm
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Office of Policy Development and Research, maintains a database of housing and community development research, evaluation, and statistics publications and databases. http://www.huduser.org
U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ):
- Office of Justice Programs (OJP) the National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS) maintains a searchable database of more than 215,000 criminal justice–related publications, reports, abstracts, and audiovisual products from the U.S. and around the world since the 1970s, . http://www.ncjrs.gov.
- National Institute of Justice (NIJ) has links to its completed and ongoing research and evaluations. http://www.nij.gov.
U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), Chief Evaluation Office provides links to research and evaluation reports and databases throughout the department and the Department’s 2013 evaluation policy statement. http://www.dol.gov/asp/evaluation/
U.S. Department of State updated its evaluation policy in January 2015 at http://www.state.gov/s/d/rm/rls/evaluation/index.htm.
U.S. Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), ‘Research’ site provides links to reports and tools for assessing state and national highway safety programs. http://www.nhtsa.gov/
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Strategic Environmental Management, Evaluation Support Division, provides links to environmental program evaluation information and tools within EPA as well as information resources outside the agency. http://www.epa.gov/evaluate/
U.S. Government Accountability Office maintains a searchable database of its reports and testimonies published since the 1970s, as well as special collections of publications on topics of current interest http://www.gao.gov. See GAO Publications page on this website for evaluation-specific publications.
U.S. Millennium Challenge Corporation provides policy guidance on their monitoring and evaluation approach for all foreign aid projects, performance metrics, country evaluation plans and completed impact evaluations.http://www.mcc.gov/pages/results