U.S. Inspectors General, IGnet-–Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency Integrity and Efficiency (CIGIE), see especially the Inspection and Evaluation Committee. IG web site lists publications, membership, and employment opportunities. Web site: http://www.ignet.gov/
Chair: Phyllis K. Fong, Inspector General, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
U.S. Office of Management and Budget provides information on current performance measurement and evaluation policies at http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/performance_default. An historical searchable database of Program Assessment Rating Tool (PART) program reviews conducted between 2003 and 2008, including agency performance information, can be found at http://www.expectmore.gov. PART guidance materials have been archived at http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/performance_past/.
U.S. Office of Science and Technology Policy, Interagency Task Group on the Science of Science Policy, supports research into assessing the impacts and dynamics of the Nation’s science and engineering enterprise, and maintains a database of conference papers, publications, notices of upcoming conferences, a wiki and listserv supporting a community of researchers and practitioners in the public, private, and academic sectors. http://scienceofsciencepolicy.net/
U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) released a comprehensive evaluation policy in January 2011 at http://www.usaid.gov/results-and-data/planning/policy:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Food and Nutrition Service, Office of Research and Analysis, http://www.fns.usda.gov/research-and-analysis, provides agency research and evaluation
reports, description of demonstration and grant projects, and other resources.
- Economic Research Service, provides economic information and research to inform public and private decision making on economic and policy issues involving food, farming, natural resources, and rural development. http://www.ers.usda.gov.
U.S. Department of Education:
U.S. Department of Energy:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS):
- Administration for Children and Families (ACF), Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation (OPRE) sponsors research and evaluation related to all ACF programs, primarily cash assistance, child care, child welfare, and Head Start. Information about publications, ongoing projects, and funding opportunities and access to their listserv is available at http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/opre/index.html.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Office of the Associate Director for Program - Program Evaluation, provides numerous links to public health evaluation and logic model resources including CDC's “Framework for Program Evaluation in Public Health” which summarizes and organizes the basic elements of program evaluation—see http://www.cdc.gov/eval/index.htm.
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (ASPE) maintains various databases, including the annual Performance Report database, and the Policy Information Center (PIC), a searchable central repository for HHS sponsored studies and relevant studies from other agencies.. http://aspe.hhs.gov/pic/index.cfm
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Office of Policy Development and Research, maintains a database of housing and community development research, evaluation, and statistics publications. http://www.huduser.org
U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ):
- Office of Justice Programs (OJP) the National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS) maintains a searchable database of more than 215,000 criminal justice–related publications, reports, abstracts, and audiovisual products from the U.S. and around the world since the 1970s, . http://www.ncjrs.gov.
- National Institute of Justice (NIJ) has links to its completed and ongoing research, program evaluations, and tools. http://www.nij.gov.
U.S. Department of State released a comprehensive evaluation policy in February 2012 at http://www.state.gov/s/d/rm/rls/evaluation/2012/184556.htm.
U.S. Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), ‘Research and Evaluation’ site provides links to reports and tools for assessing state and national highway safety programs. http://www.nhtsa.gov/
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Evaluation Support Division, provides links to environmental program evaluation information and tools within EPA as well as information resources outside the agency. http://www.epa.gov/evaluate/
U.S. Government Accountability Office maintains a searchable database of its reports and testimonies published since the 1970s, as well as special collections of publications on topics of current interest http://www.gao.gov or regarding audit and evaluation methodology http://www.gao.gov/special.pubs/erm.html.
U.S. Millennium Challenge Corporation provides policy guidance on their monitoring and evaluation approach for all foreign aid projects, performance metrics, country evaluation plans and completed impact evaluations.http://www.mcc.gov/pages/results